An information and awareness campaign fighting against gender-based violence through different forms of artistic language and new technologies. The campaign will see participating students become creators and leaders.
The concept comes from BEAWARENOW’s specific expertise in artistic productions and communication, and it’s about working together with high school students to create a communication campaign, which serves as an antidote against all the stereotypes, as well as the customs and trends inherent to gender based violence.
The purpose is indeed to bring about changes in socio-cultural behavior, in order to eliminate prejudices, customs, traditions, and any other practices based on stereotyped models of gender roles.
The project involves a path towards a better understanding of gender-based violence for students in four pilot regions (Lazio, Lombardy, Piedmont and Calabria), with the aim of creating a public awareness campaign through the use of different artistic disciplines and languages, and new technologies.
The project consists of 6 phases:
2. Presentation to schools, and confirmation by each educational institute of the total number of participants, and their chosen artistic discipline for the creation of the public awareness campaign on gender violence.
3. Realization of laboratories in each school:
- legal workshop for teachers and students on the themes of the Istanbul Convention and gender equality, conducted by experienced teachers from various Italian universities.
- socio-cultural workshop for teachers and students as an in-depth study of the phenomenon, from the social and psychological point of view, with experts and witnesses from the shelters for victims of violence and trafficking
- participative and performing art workshops (dance, theater, music, sculpture, etc.) aimed at offering cognitive tools and stimulating creativity, in order to convey positive messages against discrimination and gender violence
- social communication workshops led by experts, who will provide the basic elements for the implementation of an integrated communication campaign through the conscious use of images, texts, and videos in the social and traditional fields.
4. At this stage, students and teachers, with the support of the project experts, shall proceed with the realization of their artistic works, which will be conveyed through a communication campaign; Creation of a digital platform that connects all participating students.
5. Execution of an awareness-raising event at each school, where the students will present their artistic contributions to the campaign in front of the student body, faculty, parents, families of students and, where possible, the local community.
6. Launch of the National Awareness Campaign, which will be channeled through the media and new technologies, with media presence and the involvement of the students themselves. A final presentation of the project is planned for 25 November 2022.
The cost of the project in each city is € 12,500.
THANKS TO SUPPORT FROM THE BANK OF ITALY, FONDAZIONE CASSA DI RISPARMIO DI TORINO, AND FONDAZIONE CARIPLO, WE WILL BRING THE PROJECT TO TURIN, MILAN, ROME, AND COSENZA STARTING IN THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR.
After that, we hope to involve as many Italian cities and schools as possible, especially in the south and on the islands.